Thursday, March 31, 2011

Spring projects

I've been trying to come up with some projects that I can do with what I have.  I have so many odds and ends, and not a whole lot of room to store them, and not much money to buy new things, so I wanted to see what I could do.

I was reorganizing my bookshelves in my living room and found that I had a large empty spot when I was done, so I found an old candelabra that Mr Mojo had given to me a few years ago, and then I scrounged up some eggs that I had left over from other projects -- I don't have any primer spray paint, so they got left the way they were -- and some Spanish moss that I also had, and put the two together.  A little bit of hot glue to form the nest shapes around the eggs.  They aren't glued to the candelabra though.

And then, I still had a LOT of book pages left over from my pantry project, and lots of cardboard, so I cut out a wreath shape from the cardboard -- you don't need a foam wreath form after all! -- and using a lot of hot glue, I attached the pages to the shape.  Then using some spray paint, I gave it a bit more color, and then glued ribbon to the back.

Altogether, I had all of the parts I needed for the projects, so both ones cost me nothing.  Yay!




I linked!
Designer Garden

2 comments:

  1. I love both these projects! I tried to make the book wreath (great tip to use cardboard..I would never have thought about that) but mine looked horrible. I really like the added touch by spray painting it a bit so I might give that a try. Thanks for sharing and stopping by Full of Great Ideas.

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. They turned out lovely! Wonderful projects. Thanks for linking this up to my party! Look forward to seeing what you have to share again next week =)

    ReplyDelete