Sunday, April 10, 2011

Redecorating a Wall Hanging

A few years ago, my mother gave me this picture for my wall.  It didn't really match my house, but the flowers were pretty, so I hung it in our bedroom to fill the blank wall.  We've moved a couple of times since then, and I just kind of carried the picture around with me, never really getting around to hanging it again.


Finally, I looked at it one day, and realized that while I loved the flowers themselves, the basic picture had to go.  It was a little worse for the wear, having been somewhat beat up over time.


So in a fit of inspiration, I took it apart, painted the mats -- not as easy as it sounds, surprisingly -- and the frame, and painted a new image for inside the frame.  (My first real time painting something like that.  Fear not, the tulip picture is still safe and rolled up in my craft room closet.)



I focused a lot on the black, red and white theme of the decor that I'm planning for my bedroom, as you can see.  I just used regular acrylic paint.  I'm fairly pleased with how it turned out, particularly for a first-time.  And altogether, it cost me nothing to do, as I already had everything on hand.

A quick recap:



I posted:
Designer Garden

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty re-do, I really like it! I particularly like that the original picture is still safe, for some reason I freak out when people paint over things like that LOL!

    Thanks so much for linking this up :D xx

    ReplyDelete